The new PTV xServer API version 2.28 is available! Main reason is the Java 17 support, which is the latest Java LTS (Long-Term-Support) version. Please note that Java 8 is no longer supported. As Java is not integrated in the PTV xServer, you have to install Java 17 separately. And there are two additional highlights:
- Support of Gurobi as standard optimization solver to improve the planning results
- Support of restricted road sections in Austria (“Ziel- und Quellverkehr”, data available in the HERE maps from 2023.2H on)
If you are interested in the full list of features and improvements, you can check the corresponding release notes here.
The PTV Content Update Service 2.28 is also available and supports Java 8 and Java 17. It is still possible to run PTV xServer 1 (Java 8) and 2 (Java 17) on the same system as you can set an additional environment variable like ‘XSERVER1_JAVA_HOME’ to the Java 8 path.
For on-premise solutions you can download the latest version from the PTV xServer Customer Area: https://www.ptvgroup.com/en/solutions/products/ptv-xserver/customer-area/ (login and license required)
For cloud solutions we provide a test and production system based on this release. The production system of PTV xServer internet will be updated following this schedule:
- 21.02.23: Productive system hosted in Europe
- 22.02.23: Productive system hosted in US
- 23.02.23: Productive system hosted in Australia
Check the Cluster Overview page to get more information about existing PTV xServer internet deployments.